Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sono Returnata

Yes I have returned from 3 weeks of travel thorugh the wonders of Europe and a tad bit of Asia.

So you ask yourself "Where did she go?" Well I am here to answer your question. I have been to Turkey-both Europe and Asia side-, Greece and London.
So where did I go in those places you ask? Well Turkey I was in Istanbul and I went to Gallipolli for ANZAC DAY. I spent about 2weeks in Turkey which was way to short. I think you need about a month to see alot of it. No words can descirbe how awsome Turkey is. It's cheap, the food is good and the people are friendly. The Grand Bazzar is amazing. The mosques are just as amazing and beautiful. The Topkapi Palace is HUGE!!! And everything else about Istanbul is awsome!!! Especially the Kebabs.

Greece was differnet. I only went to Athens. It reminded me of any European big city...Rome kinda but then I saw the ACROPOLIS and well...that was jsut amazing. To walk amongst the ruins of an Ancient world is just breath taking. Also the fact you are about to Bake becuase of the sun beatig down on you but none the less it's just WOW. The cool thing also abou Greece is that I met XIBIT-the guy from Pimp my Ride (MTV)- Yeah the girl I met from Canada has a photo with herself, XIBIT and I with a part of Athens in the background. It was pretty cool to see him.

Then 2days after coming home from Greece I HAD to go to London for the weekend. What a bummer. it's a beautiful city but one that leaves you constantly wondering if you love or hate it. I still Haven't decided if I love or hate the city. It's just full of the touristy things. Red double-decker buses. Taxi's with suicide doors. The phone booths which are functional and a great momnt for a Kodak moment! Fish and chips weren't to bad...no mushy peas though but yo ucan get them in a can!!! Thats...unique!! An array of things to se and do it's almost as if the city never sleeps...maybe?! But I think to realy understnd London you have to go back...thats what will happen in a few years or so...when I have a bit more money to see a bit more!

So just a low down on the travel notions of myself. I have around 16days until I leave for The United States of America, which I am really reall REALLY EXCITED ABOUT!!! I can't wait to go to New York!! It's another dream come true!!

Well back to reality ad University assignments!
Arrivedeci

4 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

I can understand your feelings about London. Not sure whether I would go back in a hurry either.

People are too way out, nearly freaked out when I saw what they were doing to their Hair!!!

Loved the bit about the suicide taxi doors....chuckle chuckle....

The Big Apple will be very interesting...not sure I could handle the crowds though...

The Little Apple will then sure be a haven for awhile....A time also for reflection and to see how you have matured...

Looking forward to seeing the new you....

Minnie Mouse

4:26 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Katty,

Sounded like an awesome trip :) And New York - yay!

It is less than a month until you come home! So excited! But that also means it is less than a month until exams .....

Assignments :( Two down this week, one to go (17 hours and counting!). Hope yours are going well.

Will email soon (life starts again after 4pm tomorrow).

God Bless,

Luv Erica

5:02 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Hey,
I would love to go back to London but unfortunalty money...problem.
I didn't see that much of the PUNK ROCK era like in the 70's 80's etc but there were a couple!!!
The doors are actually called suicide doors...for obvious reasons...
Oh I can't wait for NEW YORK!! I don't care about the people It's the fact I am goignto be there!!! YAY
I dont' think I have changed. Matured yes...i have a bit of tan now which is kidna cool...probley get more of one in Los Angeles! But not much differnet!!

HAve a good one
KAt

9:57 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Hey Erica,
Yeah it was awsome. Loved it!!!

YAY EXAMS!!! Not really...but hey it's all in the name of FUN!!! YAY...I doubt that studying for an extended period of time is actually fun...or...well...meaningful...but at the moment i miss Australian Uni. Strnage to think that but it's true!!!

Dont' stress about your exams...breathe lots and you'll be right!!!

YAY I hope you don't have have the whole rebirth thing...with the whle LIFE STARTS AT 4pm...I know sad and not very funny joke...")

Hope all is well!
Ciao
KAt

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home